Violence erupted in Iderpuri, New Delhi on Tuesday (June 23) after a woman alleged that she was raped by five policemen last night. Following which, enraged mobs restored to violence demanding quick action to be taken and the accused policemen are brought to book. Fire tenders have been called for to control the situation in the area. Four companies of Delhi force too have rushed to the place to restore order.  A medical test was conducted on the victim where preliminary findings reveal no trace of sexual assault. The doctors of Ram Manohar Lohia hospital have now sent the samples to CFSL for further tests. However, there is no FIR filed against the five policemen so far.

Reports suggested that the victim was threatened by senior policemen that if a complaint was filed, she would be detained and forced to stay in the jail for 3-4 days, where other police officials would rape her. However, senior officers have vehemently denied these accusations.  Meanwhile, the Delhi Police Commissioner has transferred the case to the Crime Branch and has asked them to file a report within 24 hours. This demand came from the residents of the area after they believed that if the investigations were carried out by the district police the truth will not come out in the light.

It is now on the onus of the Crime Branch to conduct investigations in this gang rape case. The officials are expected to record statements of the victim and the accused policemen. They will also examine the results of the medical tests conducted on the victim and submit a report on the same in the next 24 hours.

‘Victim never came to the police station’

However, speaking to a bunch of reported the DCP, South West denied the charges leveled by the women. He also went on to add that no complaint was filed at the police station and that they have proof that the women never visited the police station.  The Delhi police continued to believe that no such incident has taken place and there was no need of the crime branch’s involvement in this case. However, sources told TIMES NOW that there is a CCTV installed in the police station, which will help the investigators determine whether the lady did come to the police station to file a complaint.